Saturday, March 28, 2015

Whole30 Journey

Here we go....*

Today is Day 1

First shock to the system? Coffee this morning without cream or sugar. Lord have mercy! Ack! It's been sooooo....long since I've had black coffee. Hopefully, by the end of the 30 days, I'll learn to like it. However.....I've discovered the existence of coconut milk powder, and if I can get my hands on some.....it may well be my coffee savior!
I'm definitely a woman of extremes. I'm either all in or all out.
I've been wanting to reset some of my health habits, and bring Kent along too, so what better way than to start, all in, on an elimination diet! *sarcasm intended.
I promise myself to do my best to approach the whole process with a positive, inquisitive, and experiential attitude, and not be resentful or lament what I'm depriving myself of. It's only 30 days, for God's sake! I prepped for a fitness competition for 8 months! I can do this.
That said....breakfast was an epic fail. Grain/dairy/sugar free "pancakes" with a strawberry slurry syrup.  Let's just say coconut flour behaves like a sponge. Couple that with the lack of any sweetener, and it is akin to eating a sponge. Mmm.
I was all set to post a picture, but......nah.
Moving on...



*This will be a short post. Kent and I have decided to do the Whole30. I will be blogging and photo-documenting the process. (If you're unfamiliar with it, go to the website whole30.com, as I won't be describing it in this blog).

No comments: