Monday, May 6, 2013

Change of direction.....sort of...


May 6:
So..change of plan. I was extremely nervous and unsure about my readiness for the show June 15th. I met with my coach today to discuss some options. Although he told me I could be ready, it would take stepping up the process for the next 6 weeks, and possible risking burning out to get there. I opted NOT to do that for a couple of reasons. One, I'm not sure I have the stamina/energy etc...to "step it up", not to mention the added time it would mean to my workouts and cardio splits! Ugh! Second, I have been fighting off some minor injuries/tears, especially in my shoulders, that I don't want to risk further injury. Also, he is of the opinion that I could "kill it" in the physique category! So...new plan is to bag the June 15 show and shoot for the Aug. 17th show, in the PHYSIQUE class! At first I was intimidated by the thought of physique, but now I'm psyched! I have about 15 weeks until that show, and now that I've had an 11 week head start, I can make steady progress. One of the best parts of physique is being able to do a posing routine. That was going to be a slight disappointment for me in the figure class. But now, I can do it! Front double-bicep, side chest, side tri etc....the best news of the day! Oh, and I get to add a few things back into my diet! Praise Jesus, Allah and whomever else!

No comments: